Tuesday 4 October 2011

Back Blogging!!!

I realise it has been a while since my last post, due to starting back at uni. Having only been back a couple of weeks, we are expected to organise a placement for next semester. . Living in Aberdeen... A city with little opportunity in terms of fashion related work I have been looking to local newspapers to hopefully get a place writing for the women’s fashion and lifestyle sections.
 When doing some research I came across a new local paper to have started up. When I seen the advert for reporters/ writers to contribute for the paper. I immediately replied to the advert. After a shameful interview, leaving with little hope of ever hearing back from them again, i returned home with little enthusiasm but I received an emailing asking me to send some examples of work i had done for university. After that i sat hitting the refresh button about fifty times a minute. Finally inbox had one message... I was successful. I was asked to write a new article for the following Friday. Not only have i got my work experience sorted for next semester but also have a weekly column to attend to.
So it’s safe to say I’m pretty chuffed with myself  :)  The editor said he will take me on full time for my placement next year. This is the opportunity I need to get some much needed experience for when i graduate.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your upcoming opportunities!!

    http://lovefayexoxo.blogspot.com/

    LoveFaye xoxo

    ReplyDelete